Thursday 14 June 2012

The Future: Prabal Gurung Cruise 13

I have a (now not so) secret hope for the spring collections: I think it would be great if designers can let go of fashion's nostalgic trip and begin to create something new. In many little ways this has already started happening, and now with Prabal Gurung's Cruise 13 collection I'm feeling more and more confident that fashion is on the edge of a breakthrough.

As is the norm with Prabal, things are very clean cut. Wonderful combinations of different textures and edgy cuts made the collection stand out. The prints are also something well worth mentioning: those origami-inspired shapes that were filled in with different wood textures (you'll know it when you see it) are my favourite. And instead of using predictable florals, Gurung opted for (very cruise) palm trees. All that, some peplum, a dazzling series of evening dresses, and some slightly tribal footware... This is a great start to the bright future I'm looking forward to.

Here is my edit of this truly refreshing collection.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Images vogue.it

No comments:

Post a Comment