Monday 14 May 2012

Vogue's Golden Standard. (And Kristen... Again)

 

Anna Wintour and co are ready for the Olympic season with this super patriotic June cover. The athletes (I didn't know who they were either) are Hope Solo, Ryan Lochte (fourth man to ever be on a US Vogue cover) and Serena Williams. Although I've yet to see an Olympics cover that really thrills me, this one looks fresh, fun, and approachable.


And here, on the cover of US ELLE we have their most original idea in years... Kristen Stewart. I really hate to be pessimistic about ELLE, but the American version just really has a knack for screwing up their covers. Look at her! It's Kristen Stewart....! Why is she in an obviously posed pose with a wind machine in her face? It's so plastic fantastic. It's taking the Kristen out of Kristen. If you told me this cover was five years ago I'd believe you. Death by lack of creativity.

I'm done now. I'm going to pretend this cover never happened. Seriously, I shan't speak of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment