Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Whimsically Wonderful Word Of Marc Jacobs AW12.

In the back of my mind I’ve been mulling over ways in which to rave about this collection all day. It’s such a surprise, such a relief, and such fun to see a show that dramatically throws away all those tense modern day fashion expectations of ‘wearibility,’ ‘functionality’ and ‘minimalism’ etc. Marc Jacobs has done away with the rules and taken us into a Dr Suess-esque wonderland of mad hatters, toad stools, and fluffy mythical creatures.

This is the kind of creative fashion that has a life of its own. It has character. Best of all, I don’t think you need to be someone who is remotely interested in fashion to appreciate the art and fun of this collection. And that for me is the ultimate test.

Now, many may be thinking this collection, as wonderful as it is, is at the end of the day just another fashion day dream – something you can’t really wear. Well, I beg to differ. All you have to do is take a closer look at the separates that make up this collection: the shoes, the jackets, the crochet shoulder wraps… these can all be styled in many different ways to fit your look. So, to contradict what I said earlier, this collection is in fact wearable.

Now to address one final thing: the hats. To me they were the stars of the show. Sure, they’re not one of the previously mentioned separates that would fall into the ‘wearable’ category… but I think that in the name of fun and fashion, it’s this season’s must-have.


See the full collection at elleuk.com
Images elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment